In April WiMAXian featured WiBro launched KWI-B2200 aka “egg” as portable WiMAX/WiFi router.
Recently Yota announced the Yota egg as portable WiMAX devices. The Yota egg lets the users of WiFi-enabled device such as notebook,iPod Touch,PSP and Nintendo DS or even a VoIP phone connect to a WiMAX network instantly.It allows multiple users (3 by default and 252 maximum) with wireless network capability connect to the internet simultaneously.
The Yota egg is only 110 x 61.8 x 28.3mm (WxHxD) and weighing just 150 grams, it’s small enough to fit in your palm and in your pocket. Slightly bigger than Modacom URoad-5000,but the egg doesn’t need attached to any USB WiMAX modem to share internet connection.
The device is equipped with a battery capacity of 2800 mAh 3.7-volt rechargeable lithium-polimer, which delivered up to 4 hours run time when fully charged.
Actually the Yota egg manufactured by interbro, a Korean company. The egg project started in September 2008 when interbro,Korea Telecom, and Apple Inc., signed a MOU for the “egg” business.In April 2009, interbro signed with KT WiBro to distribute “egg” to consumers and “egg” launched.
The egg is a great portable WiMAX/WiFi router and it doesn’t need attached to any USB WiMAX dongle ( compared to CLEAR Spot ). I wonder when the egg will available in U.S. ?
UPDATE : In the second half of September the sales of portable Yota Egg WiMAX/Wi-Fi router will be commenced ( News from Yota )
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comments (8) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 and is filed under WiMAX/WiFi Routers, Yota Russia.
Previous Post: CLEAR WiMAX USB Modem Driver for Mac OS X Available Now »
Next Post: P1 WiMAX Celebrates The 1st Anniversary by Support 15MALAYSIA Project »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- CLEAR WiMAX Modem Antenna Modification
- 4G Mobile Broadband Coming to New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco
- Sprint Need Android Developer to Take Advantage of WiMAX on HTC EVO 4G
- Sprint to Unveil Android WiMAX Phone During CTIA Wireless Next Week
- HTC Supersonic, the Sprint’s First WiMAX Phone
- Intel Unveiled Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 Adapter
- CLEAR 4G Mobile USB and Additional External Antenna Available Now
- Ubee PXU1900, the New USB WiMAX Modem for CLEAR
- Intel WiMAX/WiFi Link 6250 Faster and Power Hungry
- CLEAR Hot Deals : Samsung NC10 WiMAX-enabled Netbook for $199.99